HOST A PARTY
We are excited to announce updates to our Host a Party program. We have reveled in the stories, listened to feedback, and are now expanding the DIY Kit offerings to include the Tank Dress, Fitted Top, Bucket Hat, and Journal Cover—catering to all skill levels. We also have a selection of our favorite stencils available to customize each kit, and we’ve added a new set of colorways in addition to updating our 25 tonal colorway options.
The idea is simple: you gather a minimum of 6 friends together, agree upon one kit design (with a variety of colorway selections available), provide a location and refreshments and instruction, and we will do the rest.
Your group will select one kit style (with difficulty levels ranging from beginner to advanced) from the options listed below. You will all work on the same garment style, but each group member can choose their own size, fabric color, and stencil design (we will pick a matching thread color). As host, you will receive your kit for free, in exchange for facilitating your group’s order and providing hospitality and sewing instruction to your crew. Each of your friends will receive the selected kit at 20% off the original price.
Every guest receives a pre-cut, stenciled, ready-to-sew DIY kit with thread and a label from The School of Making. You will bring needles, scissors, and instructions for your group, or ask that they provide their own.
Host a sewing party by contacting us here: [email protected]
How it works:
1) Email us and we’ll send you a PDF and a link to a form to help you gather your group’s DIY Kit design choices.
2) Pick a date for your party. (To give our team time to prepare your kits, your party date must be at least four weeks from your order date.)
3) Once you have your selections finalized, you’ll complete our online form and submit payment in full (if you live in Alabama, we’ll have to charge you tax separately from your transaction).
4) In four weeks or more (depending on your party date), you’ll receive your specially designed kits delivered to your address—only one shipping address please.
5) Host your party.
6) Share your School of Making knowledge with your friends.
7) Share your pictures with the world by using #theschoolofmaking and #hostaparty2017 across social media.
Kit options include:
You’ll also be provided with a one-time use 20% off coupon that you and your guests can redeem to stock up on sewing supplies like our Alabama Chanin Book Series, Pin Cushions, Scissors, and/or Needles.
Read more about Host a Party on our Journal.